Ecosia is a search engine that aims to use its profits to plant trees and support sustainability efforts. Here are some key statistics about Ecosia and its impact:
Tree Planting Statistics
- Ecosia was founded in 2009 and has since planted over 100 million trees in various countries around the world, including Brazil, Burkina Faso, and Indonesia.
- Ecosia partners with reforestation organizations and local communities to plant trees in areas that need them the most, such as deforested or degraded areas.
- In addition to its direct tree planting efforts, Ecosia also supports other environmental causes through partnerships and donations.
Carbon Neutrality Statistics
- Ecosia offset the carbon emissions generated by its servers and operations through the trees it plants.
- Ecosia has a transparent business model and makes its financial and environmental impact data publicly available.
- The company publishes monthly financial and impact reports on its website, which detail its income, expenses, and tree planting activities.
- Ecosia also has a sustainability certification from B Corp, which recognizes companies that meet high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability.
Overall, these statistics show that Ecosia is committed to sustainability and has made significant progress in planting trees and offset.